What We're Doing
The Amgen Tour of California is committed to reducing our environmental impact. We do so through ongoing efforts to save energy and water, recycle, purchase environmentally preferable products, and help raise awareness of environmental issues.
We are proud to participate in AEG 1EARTH, AEG's corporate environmental sustainability program. Through AEG 1EARTH, we:
- Exchange environmental best practices with other AEG businesses
- Track our environmental performance on a monthly basis, measuring energy consumption, water usage, and waste diversion
- Contribute to AEG’s progress towards its 2020 Environmental Goals
To learn more about AEG's sustainability efforts and progress towards its 2020 Environmental Goals, please visit the AEG 1EARTH website (http://www.aegworldwide.com/about/companyoverview/aeg1earth) and read AEG's Sustainability Report.
What You Can Do
We're doing our best to reduce our environmental impact and hope you will join us in our efforts. Here are a few tips to make your visit to our events more environmentally friendly:
- Consider walking, biking, taking public transit, or carpooling to avoid traffic, save on gas and parking, and reduce your carbon footprint. Bike valets will be available at all stages!
- Help us increase our recycling rate by placing all waste and recyclables into designated receptacles – if you aren’t sure where to put something, please ask!
- Use only as many disposable items (e.g., paper towels, napkins, utensils) as you need
- Use your Amgen Tour of California Reusable Water Bottle (https://amgentourofcaliforniastore.com/products/amgen-tour-of-california-stacked-logo-water-bottle-blue-1) to fill up at one of the water refill stations on site! Check below for which stages will have water refill stations available.